Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I think "listing things" should be on there.

My friend Lauryn did something I have been thinking about doing for a long time and just simply haven't done. Not for lack of trying, or lack of content. I get busy, and other things get in the way (case in point, it's been probably 3 or 4 months since I first drafted this post). Perhaps I'm scared to commit to these things because, what if I fail? But I think the important thing to keep in mind is that you can succeed and you can fail, but you can't even do either of them if you don't even try.

Lauryn's list was 25 things to do before she turned 25, and now that that milestone has passed, 30 before 30. My list won't be as nicely formatted as Lauryn's, but you can find the complete list in the page entitled "29 x 29." Why 29? Because I like to be different. That's pretty much the reason.

I have recently again felt the rise of the need and desire for a list like this, which is why I'm posting this now, as the list is actually somewhat well underway. Shortly after writing the list some months ago, in a fit of discontentment, I decided to really start to try to make some headway, and started out with this one, which I will soon eventually successfully cross off:




And we're off!

(more to come)

1 comment:

  1. When I logged in to my reader today and saw that you'd updated your blog, I was hoping it was your list. Awesome. :)

    You've got some great goals on there, and by my math, we'll meet our deadlines (oh, that's too scary of a word for this) around the same time. I promise to be your biggest cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete