Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Update! September Issue

One of the goals on my list has been on there for awhile, when I was first concocting the list. It was on the list before there even was a list. Anyone who knows me wouldn't be surprised to know that I want to work on a feature film, so putting it on the list was a natural step.

But between the time I started actually writing the list down and the version that is now posted, I got a job working on a feature film. That's not cheating, is it?

It's not exactly what I was expecting when I dreamed of working on a feature, but it could also be so much worse than it is. In fact, it's pretty great getting to assist a director. Yeah, there are times I have to do things I'm not too keen on, things that aren't exactly my cup of tea, but I also get to work in a creative environment on a film that gets me pretty excited. I also get work for a crazy director. I can say that because I'm in the same category of crazy as he is.

...so that's coming along.

I'm also halfway done with P90X. This thing is brutal - and so great. It comes with a diet guide, which is probably the biggest asset, in my opinion. You hear so many things about daily quantities of food you need to eat, but this actually gives you a somewhat specific guide, but also includes flexibility. The workouts suck, though. Like, drenched in sweat, can't walk up the steps hardcore sucks. "I hate it, but I love it." Oh, Tony.

In other news, it's Fall for every other part of the country, which means chilly weather, cups of cider, and gearing up for winter. For me, it means pretending it's chilly outside (and getting really excited when it's overcast, like today was), making sure to drink pumpkin spice lattes as often as possible, and getting excited about all the different fruits and vegetables that are showing up at the market again. Squash! Zucchini! Persimmon! Heirloom tomatoes! (Though it's probably more like "Heirloom tomatoes?" as I just bought one but don't really know what to do with it or if it's any good or not). I'm excited to create a few new tasty treats this fall.


1 comment:

  1. "Heirloom tomatoes?" Lol. Hey, thanks so much for calling the other day. It was lovely to talk to you! I just remembered I said I was going to send you that recipe for the pumpkin/banana bread, so here it is:

    1 tsp. coconut oil (for the pan)
    1/2 cup coconut oil (for the recipe)
    3/4 cup agave nectar
    2 cups pumpkin (or mashed banana)
    1 tbsp. lemon juice
    2 cups whole grain, whole wheat flour
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. baking soda

    Instructions:
    -Preheat oven to 350°. Use 1 tsp. coconut oil to lightly grease the bread pan, then lightly flour.
    -In a large bowl combine the agave and coconut oil. (If the coconut oil is solid, melt it in the microwave prior to mixing.)
    -In a small bowl combine pumpkin and lemon juice. Add to the agave mixture.
    -In another small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the agave pumpkin mixture and mix well.
    -Pour into pan and bake for 55 min. (Check around 45 min. with a toothpick as some ovens vary.)

    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete