Monday, October 22, 2007

I feel like I should say SOMETHING...

As the title suggests, I don't really have anything very noteworthy, but I feel like it's been awhile since I have said anything and therefore thought I should.

I went to a screening of the movie "The Kite Runner" this weekend. It was awesome. I highly recommend it. I'm trying to push as many indie films as I can because:

1. There are a lot of good indie films out there that don't get the recognition they deserve and

2. I may just end up being an indie filmmaker and I should probably get some word-of-mouth-advertising practice in.

(For those of you in Minneapolis, most indie films are shown at the Lagoon in Uptown)

I also get to go to several screenings this weekend, as there is a Christian film festival. We're required to go to at least one screening, but I'm going to 3: Water (which is a documentary...I forget what it's about), another documentary about this guy and his roommate and their spiritual journey, and new indie movie called Bella (that's right! I get to see Bella! I saw the trailer for it at church and it actually looks really good). It won at the Toronto Film Festival awhile back but is having issues with distribution, in case you were wondering. I like just throwing out random and useless film facts.

Oh, and that reminds me. I went to Mosaic. It's this huge church with several different campuses. I went once before to their Beverly Hills campus, but last night I went to the service that is held at the Mayan. It's pretty cool because they rent out a night club on Sunday nights for church. It's basically geared toward the huge artist community in LA. It was definitely an experience. And then we (the Red Van load of people that my roommate was driving) got lost on the way to In & Out, but, thank goodness, we did eventually find it.

I'm almost done with one of my classes. My last short film is due on Wednesday and then that's it, which is exciting. This Saturday is going to be my first day off, really (even though not really because I'm a producer and NEVER have any time off...but I don't have as much to do, so I think I will utilize it). I think I might go to the beach, since I haven't been yet (a travesty, I know). Twill be awesome and (hopefully) relaxing.

(I'm such a parenthetical thinker)

Ha. I just realized that, when I started this blog, I didn't really think I had anything to say and was going to elaborate on this concept/philosophy I've been developing about marriage (that sounds so...scientological, which it's not supposed to...I really think this idea is Biblical). Maybe another time.



I think I'm having Ikea withdrawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment