Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hand Lettering

This is my first attempt at hand lettering. Can I just say that I love this new trend in art and design?


There are a few areas of this design I'm not 100% happy with, but I ultimately decided to keep everything and have it remain pretty raw. I think it stays more true to the quote, which I love.

I'm thinking I will come back to this at a future date and do another pass. It will remain a work in progress as I learn and challenge myself.

Side note: I first read the above quote on James Hance's tumblr. If you do not know who this man is, you absolutely should. He is a ridiculously fantastic artist and is the one who originally inspired me to start putting some of my designs online. From what I gather from his wonderfully nerdy, nostalgic, geeky, awesome art, he's a big kid at heart, and I relate to that immensely (said the girl with the koopa troopa stuffed animal staring at her as she types).

Check out his work on his website (http://www.jameshance.com/) or his tumblr (http://jameshance.tumblr.com/). If nothing else than for the fact he's also hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment