Wednesday, April 21, 2010

::Sigh::

Why can't we just live where we want to? Why can't we just do what we want to? Why do we constantly have to hone certain skills, just to be able to do something that requires a whole different skill-set? Why does our society, our world, have to be all about making enough money to live? Why can't we all just live?

There are times that I would feel totally content growing my own food, living on a sprawling piece of land that affords me space and quiet and time away.

And then I start to think about the reality of it all. What if one crop went bad and now I have to starve because I don't have enough food to get me through winter? As if that is my only concern about winter, what about freezing to death and no one knowing because I don't have a phone in my secluded place?

So I guess I will have to let what I describe in that second paragraph remain what it is: a place of escape, a place of dreaming, a place beyond reality, and a place of happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment