Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This is not an April Fool's joke.

After the treacherous decent down the mountains of Northern California (after first an attempt up and around, which proved to be a bad idea, which was quickly changed to the aforementioned good idea of going down the mountain), the night was lit up with the light from Los Angeles.

That's pretty much the [anti] climactic finish to a great roadtrip. We made it. Safe and sound. My car got dirty, but I don't consider that a casualty, just a minor inconvenience (which has still not yet been remedied). We went to Ikea. I bought some much needed furniture. We ate at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and bought some Sprinkle's cupcakes. I've decided I could write a pretty good "2 Day Guide to Visiting Los Angeles" and might just do that, on my blog, perhaps! My mom left, and then I began the job search.

Which is basically what I've been up to for the last 3 weeks. I've sent out 20-25 resumes for various jobs posted on studio websites, entertainment careers, craigslist, and the UTA job list, as well as joining 3 temp agencies. Which is why I haven't really posted recently; there was nothing about which to update. But that's also a nice segue into...

I HAVE A JOB TOMORROW!

Okay, so not to get your hopes up too much, but it's only a temp job. But I say "only" loosely because I don't want to diminish the awesomeness of it by using the term "only." It is money, and not just that, but it's experience, and not only that, it's something to do. FOR 2 DAYS! That's right, it lasts through Friday. Praise the Lord and Hallelujah! I did a dance. No joke.

In other not necessary update worthy but worth mentioning news, I went to Disneyland on Saturday with some friends. 8am-11pm. Both parks. Fantastic. Also this weekend I went to see "42nd Street" in Thousand Oaks. My friend Brian was in it. Very good show. So it was an eventful weekend. And finally, I took some pictures of some flowers. Here is one for your viewing pleasure:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany,
    Its about time that i hear something from you but i am happy you found a job for at least 2 days. don't worry you will soon find a great job. it takes time and patience. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete