Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I could just melt

This evening was a quite exciting evening. I anticipated it all day.

I went to see Wicked at the Pantages in LA. And it was AMAZING!

I had heard the soundtrack before (thank you Kristina Knutson), but I hadn't seen it and I didn't even really know the story (I mean, I knew it was about the Wicked Witch of the West, but otherwise I didn't really know about it).

The Pantages theater was gorgeous inside. And we had front row Mezzanine seats, so we had a pretty good view. The cast was awesome too. Eden Espinosa, who played Elphaba, was SUCH a good performer, all around. She could sing, dance, and act. She was really good. And Megan Hilty, who played Glinda, definitely reminded me of Reese Witherspoon's role in Legally Blonde. Also, Carol Kane (Annie Hall, The Princess Bride, and a ton of other theater, TV and film credits) played Madame Morrible and Adam Wylie (who has been on a TON of TV shows...he's one of those people that you totally recognize but don't really know who he is) played Boq, so I actually got to see some famous people. Gotta love LA.

I loved it. I am a big fan now. And I have the song "Popular" stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment